Fit Guide: One Pieces By Infamous Swim
Long torso? Short torso? Wide shoulders? Nursing? We understand that all women are different shapes and sizes, we’re a company run by women (some of us mums) after all, and finding a swimsuit to fit your body shape can feel like a daunting task. With our personalised fit assistance, drop us an email at email@example.com or DM on Instagram, and our upcoming series of Size Fit Guides, you’ll feel even more confident finding your new favourite swimmers here at Infamous Swim.
Our Candice 2.0 One Piece suits are a favourite among women with a long torso. Designed specifically to suit a longer body, it offers good side boob and booty coverage, it’s not cheeky or full, it’s a flattering shape that helps give the bottom a little lift and elongate those legs. Candice also has wider straps and a shelf bra, with removable cups, for greater bust support.
This is our top pick one-piece for new mums, the shoulders are easy to slide off one side while not exposing the rest of you whilst breastfeeding.
And show off your back with the stunning scoop back!
- If you feel that you have a long torso, we recommend sticking with your usual size according to our size guide.
- If you feel that you have a shorter torso, we suggest going one size down. The coverage will still fit the same across the chest and bottom, sizing down will ensure it’s not too loose.
- If you are bigger busted, we suggest going with your underwear size and not sizing up, the Candice 2.0 is open back and has room for a larger bust without having to size up
- If you are smaller busted, we do suggest sizing down or staying your current size. You can always reach out to us in DMs and Gem will help personally fit you!
Hunting for a swimsuit that has full coverage that is also sophisticated and sexy? The Blake Surfsuit is your new beach bestie! The sleek black side panels draw the eye creating the illusion of a waist, whilst the long zipper allows you to go from covered high neck to playful mid-way to plunging sexy all the way down.
This surf suit flatters all shapes and bust sizes, and the long zip makes it easy to nurse your little one whilst at the beach.
- If you feel that you have a long torso, we recommend sticking with your usual size according to our size guide, or if you believe you have an overly long torso we suggest sizing up one or reaching out to Gem for help ;)
- If you feel that you have a shorter torso, we recommend sticking with your usual size according to our size guide so you get the nice neck height.
- If you are bigger busted, we suggest going with your underwear size unless your cup size is more than 2 sizes up from your underwear, then reach out to GEM and she can specifically fit you.
- If you are smaller busted, we do suggest staying your current size.
The Miranda one piece suits are one of our most versatile styles, wear as a stunning swimsuit or slip it on with a skirt or shorts to hit the bar...or the buffet with the kids. Want even more versatility? The off-the-shoulder double ruffle gives volume to women with smaller bust creating the illusion of a fuller chest, whilst those with a larger bust are loving the coverage finding it very flattering. Not to mention this suit is a favourite of our customers who have undergone a mastectomy.
We don't have support or padding in this beautiful piece, but the chest area is pulled tight giving you great support without changing the shape of your chest, it’s flattering for all body types.
- One of our more firm fitting suits, we recommend sizing up in the Miranda because the body length is average and Australians generally have longer torsos. Gem is a 12F and in size 12 underwear, and 167cm tall, she wears size XL in Miranda. This is her favourite suit!
- The off shoulder straps are firm to ensure they stay up, if you’re a little more broad shouldered definitely size up, we have had comments the arms are too tight, however, this enables you to swim and run after the kids without losing a boob, haha.
- The body on the Miranda is standard length so if you’re longer in the torso please size up.
Have a smaller bust and you’re looking for a swimsuit that is sexy and flattering? Our newest one-piece style, Hazel, co-designed with Marcia from Not So Mumsy and draws from her favourite swimsuits over the years with the result of this stunning, sexy one piece. The deep v front is open yet covers the essentials, and draws the eye down, increasing the chest area making it appear fuller.
- The Hazel style is very adjustable, with tie shoulder straps you can pull tighter or wear a little looser. We suggest staying with your dress size for this lovely swimsuit.
Think Audrey Hepburn sophistication with a hint of sexy, the Mesh Gem style features a high mesh panel with a sweetheart neckline making this a flattering swimsuit for women with larger busts. The high, tie neck allows for a personal fit for comfort and the high scoop back helps hide those little muffin tops many of us try to hide.
- In the Mesh Gem, we suggest staying your standard size, though if you have a long torso size up so you can wear the neckline high and elegant like it should be.
- If you have a standard or smaller torso, stay with your current size.
That's the round up of our one piece swimsuits, stay tuned for more fit guides on bikinis, kids and mens styles. And if there's one key take away from your read today, if you ever need help working out the right size for you just get in touch! Our team are here to help with personalised fittings any time.
Can you help me understand the kids sizing please? I have a 7 month old little girl! We are also in the US
Leave a comment